Thursday, October 30, 2014

Happy Birthday Daddy...

The month of October was a bit emotional for me; October 13th was my dad's birthday. I remember when I was little, my sister could never remember my dads birthday so he come up with a creative way to where she would never forget. At the time, my sister was four years old so my dad asked her what number did she get when she added 1 and 3. "Four, like me!" she would exclaim. "Exactly," my dad would say. "Now, my birthday is October 13th, like when you add 1 and 3 together." "Ohhh," said my sister. It was as if a light bulb had came on in her head; and since that day, she never  forgot. 

Our father died in 2008 from a heart attack. He had been suffering from kidney failure for a few years, and often struggled with having energy for simple, daily tasks. He would always try to remain in good spirits, but I knew that he was tired and suffering inside. So, when he finally "went home to be with the Lord,"  I was a bit relieved. Sad to see my dad gone, but happy to know that he was no longer suffering. 

This post was just a way for me to further remember the great memories I was able to share with him on this earth. I feel peace about him not being here with us--for I know I will see him again someday. 

"Happy Birthday Daddy."

-Love, your little girl

2 comments:

  1. I lost my dad to a heart attack when I was 21. It was unexpected. The everyday sorrow passes, but the big events and the small celebrations are always hard days! I'm glad you have your sister to share your memories with! You carry him with you each day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry about your father but at least he is in a better place. My grandfather passed away in August; he had been suffering from a lot of health problems so I can understand being sad that he is gone but happy that he is no longer in pain.

    ReplyDelete